We are so busy day to day, that the time is just flying by. So much has happened in the last few weeks... so here we go. :-)
Grace had a successful surgery June 22 to remove an epidermoid cyst from her left eyebrow/temple area. The pathology came back normal... no concerns about abnormal cells. She did so great. When we went through admitting and meeting with the doctor, they let us know she had orders for the NICU and then would be admitted once she was stable. Of course I came overly prepared... LOL lots to keep me busy... the doctor came out and let us know that her surgery was a success, that the cyst was one of the largest he's removed in one piece and that she did so well there was no need for the NICU or for admitting! Needless to say we were so very pleased! I was a little hesitant to bring her home right away... what if something went wrong... but after seeing her in recovery, all I could think about was bringing by baby home. She had over 20 stitches, with her incision being in her hairline.... once her hair grows back (they had to shave the area), you won't even be able to see her scar. Her follow up went great and the doctor said that he wants to see her in a few months just to make sure that the cyst is not growing back. We have been so blessed! I didn't realize just how different she would look once it was gone, but now that it's off, wow. Otherwise, Grace is just blossoming. She just has the greatest smile... she's all gums... it's so cute. Grace has definitely developed as the more dominate personality of the pair. When she's mad, boy does she let you know, but on the flip side, she is just such a lovey.
Lexie had her appointment with a pediatric gastrointerologist. Just to fill in this one... from very early on Lexie has had difficulty going #2. At the worst point, she would go 10+ days without having a "movement". There were some concerns that she had a mild form of Hirshsprungs disease (something that we were really praying she did not have... the treatment is extensive). She had her appointment on July 17th and we were given great news. No Hirshsprungs... she does although have a slight abnormality, but no surgery is required... We will see the GI doctor again this month for a follow up. Since that appointment, she has grown ... finally catching up to her "little" sister. :-) Lexie has such a great personality... she is just a happy girl... it's so rare that she cries. She's the cuddle bug and always flashing her smile or inquisitive look... She watches Tyler like a hawk watches its prey.... it's wildly hilarious to see her observe Tyler having a "moment"... she doesn't blink an eye. LOL
I LOVE watching Tyler with them! There is nothing like watching siblings bond. It fills my heart with joy... I love to see when their eyes connect... the looks they each give each other. :-) Ahhhh... if only I could freeze those moments.
Tyler is doing great! She started preschool this week! Can you believe it... my little baby has started preschool. Where have the last 3 1/2 years gone?? We're doing a home program with a friend who is a former 2nd grade teacher. It's a small class size, 3 hours a day, two days a week, but just perfect. Tyler loves it! She was so excited the first day... and the morning went off without a hitch... everyone was fed, changed and clean in time. (I am so glad we weren't late lol). She was a little shy for maybe 30 seconds and then she was off. :-) Of course I cried... there she went. :-) Tony got home a bit early, so I was able to leave the twins home and pick up Tyler.... I like to try and have special one on one time with each of them... so his schedule worked out great for the first day. She was so pleased with herself... as was I of course. She showed me her star for the day and the projects she worked on... We are so pleased and she is just eating it all up. Well see how this year goes... not sure if we're going to try and get her into kindergarten early. AZ requires that the children are 5 by September 1st... and she won't be 5 until October 30th.... we'll see. We certainly are in no rush.... If I could keep her 3 forever I would. :-)
Tony and I are doing good... staying so busy. Work has been busy for both of us. Tony has had a crazy schedule these last few weeks and it will continue.... as of today he has to work the next 20 days straight. Ugh... it's feast or famine with this job... but at least he has a job that provides for our family and has a future. He started playing racquetball again... and tweeked his knee... he's a little bummed... I think he is finally realizing that he doesn't have the body of an 18 year old anymore. :-)
I am good... trying to find a way to keep everything in balance. :-) School started up this month, so I made my first of many trips to Tucson this past week. Boy was it an experience going down without Tony. His schedule just wouldn't allow. We stayed with my parents and had a great time. I'm still pumping and it's going strong. We were occasionally nursing with Lexie (Grace stopped nursing quite a while ago), but after a nursing strike and the ease of bottles, we're done nursing. I am so happy that I have been able to make enough milk to provide for our girls all these months, but I really can't wait until they turn one... I am so done with pumping. LOL 4-5 more months to go. On other news, once a month I have been participating in a Stampin' Up club... it has been great fun... a little time for myself, time to connect with a few friends... all of which have been really important for my mental health. :-) Having our three girls is by far my greatest accomplishments and I would never change a thing, but I have to say that it has been a challenge to find a way to fit it all in... occasionally I find myself thinking "gosh if we had the girls one at a time, it would be so much easier"... of course I know that God has a plan and His plan was twins and so I thank Him each and every day for all the blessings we have been given. It's no news that I don't always have the best time management skills, and have been finding myself a little frustrated when I have missed opportunities... open time that I haven't used as best as I could have. I have ideas of what I want to be able to accomplish in a day, but that is still yet to happen. lol... I know that I need to be a little easier on myself, but I also know that at some point I need to find a way... to find a routine. It will come I guess... and maybe we're there.... for the time being... if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that change is a constant and just when things seem comfortable, it's time for change. :-)
Well that's all for now... I got a new camera for my birthday..I really love it... and I have almost 500 pictures on it. LOL So.... soon I will be posting some new pictures... they are just so cute... growing and changing everyday!
1 comment:
Yay, an update! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Can't wait to see new pics! XOXO
Post a Comment