So, as most of you all know, we are pregnant with twins! :) We've gotten quite a few questions, so here's the scoop....
We had started talking about trying for another baby when Tyler was 18 months. We both decided at that time, that we wanted to wait. :) And around 2 we started talking about it again.... this time we decided that it was time. So, after a much needed vacation to visit family, we started trying (early January). I have some issues with my pituitary gland, so we figured it might take some time... it took almost a year and a half for our first baby (one we lost at 13 weeks), but with Tyler, it was less than a month after the first. :)
After a few months, we decided maybe it wasn't time after all. We have truly been blessed with Tyler, and so with all that's been going on in our lives these days, we just thought that we would wait. Tony had to go out of town for work, so I went to visit the parents. :) On my To Do list was "call doctor". :) We thought we would wait another year... Tyler would be 3 then...
I was supposed to start that weekend, but when I came home on Sunday, I still had not yet started. No big deal, I have never been regular anyway...
Tony was working on the car, so Tyler and I went in the back yard to mow the lawn... and while mowing, I was feeling sicker and sicker. I had been having some stomach issues, and the doctor said that probably had a small stomach ulcer... so ok, no big deal, I'll just take a break from mowing.
By the time I was done, I thought I was going to die... and I thought to myself "dude what is going on... I feel yucky............. I wonder if I'm pregnant" But of course I laughed at the thought, because it took so long the first time, and this time around, we still weren't pregnant... so no.
I went inside, and decided why not just take the test... it's going to come back negative anyway (just like the other 25 I had taken in the past few months) :).
Tyler is potty training, so for those of you who haven't experienced that stage of life yet, I'll just say that she has to be right there... all the time. :) I was rushing, she was excited... "yea mommy" and Gus was barking.... I look at the test... it's not the EPT that I usually buy... what does this mean? The first box has changed... so I scramble (pants at ankles) to get the box, while Tyler is now yelling at Gus to stop barking... (can you imagine the bit of chaos going on?? LOL) I get the box... look at the test... it's positive!! We're pregnant!!
I was shocked. :) Very excited but shocked. About 2-3 weeks earlier we had decided we were going to stop trying... and well, it's too late for that. :) I wait to see if the test changes... I am so excited I start to cry... but so scared. What if we lose this baby?
I go into the garage... "Hey Tony come outside when you get a minute... gotta talk to you" :) He must have seen a look on my face, because he came out right away. :) "Sit down, I've gotta tell you something...". "What did you break?" he asks... "Did you break the mower... oh man Jenn...." "No I didn't break the mower, just sit down" I respond. "You broke the weed trimmer again? Ahhh". "No, I did not break the weed trimmer, just sit down..." I tell him. "I'm not going to sit... just tell me". I could tell from the look on his face that he thought I was going to tell him that I spent too much money or that I broke something that was going to cost a lot of money... LOL... "I'm pregnant" "What!!" He has a huge smile.. "Wow...well I guess so much for waiting another year" not sure quite what to say, but still smiling. He hugs Tyler... he hugs and kisses me. It's a good night... needless to say, he was done working on the car... and we had a great family night...
So, the next day I call the OB to let them know I'm pregnant. They had me come in that day, and during the appointment, they did an ultrasound, but couldn't see anything, so they didn't want to confirm I was pregnant... possibly another miscarriage, possibly an ectopic pregnancy. So they asked me to come back in two weeks.
Tony had to go out of town again, so Tyler and I went to the appointment. She was so funny... sitting next to me on the table... not quite sure why we were at the doctor.... We decided to tell her that we were pregnant. If something did go wrong, she would know from our reactions... she's very quick. :) She still wasn't sure why we were actually at the appointment. "Mommy are they going to take your blood out??" she asks... she's obviously been to the lab with me before. :) "No not today honey... they did that at the last appointment, we're going to see if we can look at the baby" I tell her.
We start the exam. The doctor does an ultrasound. One sac... then she moves the wand around a bit... one and a half sacs... "OK wait... she must have changed the view... we're looking at the same sac right??" I am thinking to myself. She moves the wand around a bit more... TWO sacs! Moves just a bit more... TWO babies... each in their own sac... with their own heart beats. I am in shock! I guess I know what I am looking at, but still in shock that there are two! "Well Jenn...." the doctor says... "Your kidding right..." I respond and laugh that funny laugh when you don't know what to say... "No, I'm not the kind of doctor who likes to joke around like that... you guys are having twins!" She says, with a HUGE smile on her face. :)
We finish the appointment... set the next appointment.... now it's time to call Tony. Today is Tuesday, and he won't be home until Thursday or Friday. There is NO WAY I am going to be able to hold this until I see him...
I am not even out of the office and I am calling him... "So how did the appointment go?" he asks... I just started to laugh again... "Well honey...." "No way... you have got to be kidding...." He knew before I could say it... "Twins!! Oh s%*t!... wow... uhh are you ok... what are we going to do... holy s*&t!" :) I try to imagine what it must have been like for him to get that call. Surprised about being pregnant, then trying not to get too excited because it might not be ok, to finding out it's twins! :)
Needless to say we were both excited but very shocked and scared... of course after the initial shock settles a bit, then you start to think ahead... we don't have a car that will fit 3 car seats... we will need to go so much stuff!!.... 3 kids... :)
My dad is a twin and twins are on Tony's side of the family too, so I guess we always knew it might be a possibility... but I guess we just figured it wouldn't happen... No fertility drugs... just two eggs and some really strong swimmers. :)
It's been a few weeks since that day. We are excited! Tony is really hoping there is at least one boy in there.. 'cause we have both agreed that this will be it. :)
I have been feeling ok.... morning sickness all day... but some days are better than others. :) Tyler has been absolutely adorable... she kisses my belly each morning... on each side of my belly button... one for each baby. When you ask her if she thinks it's a boy & girl or all boys or all girls, she just says "No Mommy (or Daddy), it's just babies". And on the days when I am feeling particularly bad, she'll lift my shirt and say "Babies... don't make mommy feel sick okay? Love you" then she kisses them. :)
So, that's the story... Just thanking God for these wonderful miracles and praying that everything goes well. Praying for strong healthy babies, that stay in as long as possible. :) ... and trusting that everything will work out just the way it's supposed to. :)
2 comments:
Love your story, it gave me goose bumps! I am so excited for you all, and have you in my prayers for strong healthy babies!
Gina
HOW exciting!!!! I am soo happy for you guys:) I want to call you email me soon w/ your number!!!!
love you taco!!!
Liz
Post a Comment