Doctors are frustrating...sometimes

My last appointment with the OB went great. The twins were moving all over. We saw one head and one butt... (not sure what sex they are just yet) I have Hashimoto's Disease (a thyroid disease), that is managed with medication. Well lately I have been exhaused, really exhaused beyond normal, like taking 1-3 hour naps a day plus sleeping 9-11 hours a night... but thinking.."well maybe this is normal for twins... " I wasn't this tired with Tyler but who knows...

I had asked the OB about whether I should continue to see the endocrinologist but they said sometimes it's easier if just one doctor manages your total health....seems to make sense. I talked with my endocrinologist about it and she said as long as they were all on the same page that would be fine.

So the OB office called today. My thyroid levels are LOW. Much lower than my endocrinologist usually keeps them at... which would explain a big part of my exhaustion. I am so frustrated. Besides being really exhausted, the effects of low thyroid levels with the babies can be bad... and something I would probably be upset about , since you can prevent some of those effects by properly managing your levels.

So I called my endocrinologist... have an appointment on Thursday and will now see both doctors. One for my thyroid and one for the sweeties. :)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Very frustrating I would agree. I sure hope you get things all back to normal and overcome your exhaustion. How exciting that you were able to see some action in there!! Keep us all posted I am so excited for you guys! How far along are you? What is your due date?